We Got Your BACKing!!!
EXTRA STRENGTH BACKING (ESB) – WITH ½” AND 1” FLANGE
Perfect backing support for wall hung equipment, cabinets, grab bars, hand rails and items requiring heavy-duty backing.
Limitation of flanges is critical as object of Extra Strength Backing (ESB) is to reduce protrusion into a wall cavity of 1” or less enabling profile to be installed without interfering with vertical obstructions (pipes, wires, ducts, etc…). This profile with Lip Returns provide strength for securing wall hung items (i.e. in comparison to a simple “flat stock” which has far inferior load capabilities).
- Supports heavy load conditions
- Pre-notched to accommodate studs attachment
- Flange of ½” or 1” reduces filed modification to accommodate wall cavity obstructions
- Reduces interference (i.e. notched track leg profile) for MEP installation in wall cavity
- Improved fit for narrow cavity conditions
- Provides bracing and bridging support
ADAAG Section 4.26 – (Handrails, Grab Bars, Tub and Shower Seats)
OSHA and ICC/A117.1 – Section 609 (Grab Bars) and 610 (Seats) Load Requirements
OSHPD 2013 CBC – Standard Backing for Cabinets and Grab Bars (Details ST5.00, ST5.01 and ST5.03)
MR 2.1 & 2.2 – Construction Waste: up to 2pts
MR 4.1 & 4.2 – Recycled Content: up to 2pts
MR 5.1 & 5.2 – Regional Proximity
ASTM & Code Standards:
ADAAG Section 4.26
OSHPD 2013 CBC (ST5.00 & ST5.03)
A1003, A653, A924, C645, C754, C955
2006 & 2009 IBC